Friday 23 September 2011

As I’m still trying to get used to the whole idea of sharing my thoughts every week I realized how difficult it is to actually choose a certain topic. Whenever I have time to think about potential topics, I have at least 5 different choices, which is not exactly making it easier to choose.  I finally decided to write about something important to me: my family.
Coincidentally, it’s my mother’s birthday today and I realized it’s been a little more than a year since I moved to Nova Scotia. I was the first of my parent’s children to move out, my sister just left for at least one year of traveling and working in Australia. We try to use this great invention called “Skype” every week, and I know from friends and family that my parents really appreciate the possibility to talk to me and see me on a regular basis. My mother has actually told me that she had a hard time adjusting after my sister left, simply because the house is empty and it’s just my parents having dinner and spending time together. I’m glad that technology enables me to keep close contact to my family and friends, it makes a necessary step in my life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment