Sunday 2 October 2011

Time and the lack thereof

This week will be the fourth one with me trying to go to University while working full time, something I had not really thought about before. While I brought a decent amount of money with me to Canada, international students pay double the amount of tuition, which means that I have to work as much as I can while trying to not neglect school work and social life.
Right now, my weekly routine is about as following: I have two days of classes, four days of 10 hour shifts and one day off. I’m still enjoying my Co-op job and while it is physically demanding and exhausting, it’s also rewarding and fun.
However, the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day is the bigger problem for me. There are so many “hidden”, time-consuming activities throughout the day that I’ve never really thought about – until now. Take the bus to work for example: While I work a ten hour shift, it quickly adds up to 11.5 to 12 hours of my time that I can’t really use otherwise. Things like study time, two hours at the gym or similar, other  activities had me thinking a couple of times over the last weeks:

Where does my time go and am I using it efficiently?

No comments:

Post a Comment